The Covid19 pandemic has changed the economic landscape. Now more than ever we need sound biblical and financial grounding. Financial Peace University is a 9-week biblical-based video/small group study course taught by Dave Ramsey. Each week you will view a video at your convenience and then participate in a small group discussion on Zoom. The group members are there to encourage one another to apply the principles they are learning.
Starts the week of July 6 • seven different discussion groups and times
ONLY $30! (regularly $129.99)
Our group facilitators bring a wide range of ages and professions. We hope you will find a time and a facilitator that is the perfect fit for your needs. In addition, you can schedule an individual consultation with a trained Dave Ramsey advisor.
Here is some background on our Facilitators –
- Frank Loversky – SUNDAYS 3PM • I have been attending New Life ever since we moved to AG about 15-16 years ago. I have assisted in being a facilitator for FPU classes at New Life for approximately 8-10 years. My business background has been principally finance and administration for publicly held companies as well as a CEO of a manufacturing Corp. and consulting work after retirement.
- Bailey Puder – THURSDAYS 6PM • Bailey has grown up on the Central Coast and is grateful to call it her home. She is what’s known as a “Financial Peace Baby,” someone who started following Dave Ramsey’s principles very young in life, thanks to her parents who dragged her along to his seminar years ago! She has been SOLD on these principles ever since and is passionate about helping others achieve their goals by following them. Bailey works as a Realtor and Transaction Coordinator with Keller Williams Realty in Pismo Beach.
- Michelle Fissori– MONDAYS 7PM • I have been at New Life since I moved to the central coast in 2012. I serve in women’s ministry on Thursday mornings and kids ministry. I also volunteer with AARP doing taxes. I was a CPA during my career working as a hospital system CFO and as an auditor in public accounting. This will be my first encounter with FPU, but I heard about it several years ago when one of my friends participated and really turned her financial life around. I’m excited to be a part of this program and look forward to learning.
- Debra Jackson – WEDNESDAYS 6PM • Avila Beach is home and I’ve been a member of the New Life family for 14 years. I’m single having been widowed three years ago. I’m part of the Saturday night usher team and was a small group leader for a number of years. , I owned Village Papery in the Village of AG for 6 years, a cute boutique store selling invitations, seasonal gifts, jewelry and greeting cards.
- Terry Morgan – TUESDAYS 7PM • I have lived in SLO county for 48 years and have been attending New Life Church since 2000. I’ve been married to my beautiful wife for 39 years and have two children (boys) ages 32 and 35. My wife and I retired from our jobs at the county of SLO a few years ago, I completed the Dave Ramsey class around 2013 and know first hand how money issues can cause stress in life and relationships. I have been down that road.
- John Wilbanks – THURSDAYS 7PM • John and his wife have attended New Life since their return to the Central Coast in 2010. Graduated from Cal Poly, John had a 40 year career in Community Planning and Design. He retired n 2019 after 29 years as a managing partner of a local design firm. He and Jeanne are members of the Welcome Team at New Life and serve as Life Group leaders and coaches. In the late 1990’s they attended Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University and have experienced firsthand how being debt free brings peace and freedom to be available to serve God in many ways.
- Ashlee Caranza- WEDNESDAYS • 7PM •We have been attending New Life Church off and on for 20 years. In 2017 we moved to Arroyo Grande from Santa Maria and started attending more regularly. Ashlee recently became chapter leader for Propel Women and attends Wednesday night’s bible study. We have been together for 19 years and married for 10 years. We own Rancho Bowl in Santa Maria. We started FPU in 2018 and are currently working on the babysteps. We are also enrolled in Dave Ramsey’s Entreleadership program for businesses.
Because we feel this is so important for our church, the cost of materials is only $30 (currently $129.99 value). The purchase price includes
- Physical member workbook
- FinancialPeace.com, which includes: – Updated FPU video lessons ADDITIONAL COURSES: – The Legacy Journey – Smart Money Smart Kids DIGITAL TOOLS: – EveryDollar Plus – Emergency Fund Planner – Debt Snowball Calculator DIGITAL E-BOOK: – Complete Guide to Money e-book AND MORE!
- PLUS ongoing updates and additions to the digital content and tools to guide members through every area of their financial journey