Memorial Prayer Walk
In loving memory of Pastor Ron Salsbury
Next Work Day will be March 18th at 9 am
– please scroll down for more information!
Pastor Ron’s Vision
Before his passing, Pastor Ron envisioned a prayer walk in front of the New Life Worship Center along James Way. Part of a comprehensive re-landscaping plan for a campus filled with plants at the end of their life-cycle, the prayer walk uses drought-resistant vegetation to conserve water. It is aesthetically pleasing with sitting areas for small group meetings and a walking path where people can stroll while praying or reflecting. Seven “stations” can be labeled in different ways, like “stations of the cross” at Easter, “stops along the path to Bethlehem” at Christmas, or a “walk of the martyrs” for the Family Fall Festival.
Pastor Ron ended his letters with the phrase “leading on my knees.” Many remember him praying individually for specific requests from our people. He told us of laying on his face before God in morning prayer. We believe this is a fitting tribute to Pastor Ron’s passion for prayer and that it will encourage others to pursue prayer in their own lives.
- Initial trenching for electrical was completed by King’s Crew.
- Electric power was completed to the new electric panel.
- Rough grading was completed (about three weeks late because of rain)
- Initial trenching for the main water tie in was completed by King’s Crew.
- Water feature rough design completed.
The following work is scheduled for January (weather permitting):
- King’s Crew will complete trenching for electrical, drain and water lines.
- The retaining walls and concrete walkway will start (IGL Pavers).
- Electricraft will lay conduit for 110v receptacles.
Work scheduled for February (weather permitting):
- Cobble for the retaining walls and Stations of the Cross will complete (IGL Pavers).
- Walkway completion ( IGL Pavers).
- Landscaping will begin in February and extend into March and April.
- Existing New Life signs will be removed.
- Installation of water lines by King’s Crew.
- The next “work day” is on February 25. Additional work days will be scheduled during March until completion depending on the turnout and productivity of the congregation. Soil prep and material ordering will be done by Paradise Environments (landscape contractor). Work unable to be completed by the congregation and/or King’s Crew will be done by Paradise Environments.
- King’s Crew will install drain lines.
- Work to begin on Water feature.
Work scheduled for March and April:
- Landscaping completed.
- Drip system installed
- Low Voltage lighting installed.
The goal is to have the “ribbon cutting” at Easter.Prayer Walk Donation
You are invited to donate to this project in honor of Pastor Ron. The cost will be substantial so gifts of every size are appreciated. Please designate any gift to “prayer walk.” We can receive contributions of cash, securities, property, etc. To facilitate your contribution, we have set up an account for online giving. Please contact our bookkeeper for any help you need in facilitating your gift.
This project will complete re-landscaping of the area from the circular drop-off on the west (near the Education Center), across the front of the campus, and to the parking lot area on the east (near the Life Center). The design forms the basis for future renovation of the entire campus. Any funds received over the amount needed for this project will be used to re-landscape the rest of the campus.